Skip to Secondary Navigation Skip to Main Content

Current Beehive


in this section

 In partnership with:

Seedco Earn Benefits Logo

Housing Choice Vouchers

Housing Choices

The Housing Choice Voucher Program or "Section 8" housing can help you pay the rent for safe and clean properties that are privately-owned.

You are free to choose any housing that meets program requirements and you aren't limited to units located in subsidized housing projects.

Frequently Asked Questions

Program Benefits   Am I eligible?   How do I apply?

This program (also known as Section 8) may provide some or all of your rent for a privately owned unit. Because you can add your own money to the rent amount from the government, this program allows you more freedom to choose where you live.

You may be eligible for this program if:

  • You are part of a low-income household (as determined by your Public Housing Agency) or are elderly or disabled
  • You are a U.S. citizen or have certain eligible immigration status

Contact your local Public Housing Agency for information about applying. They can tell you if there is a waiting list to get benefits under this program. They can also give you a list of landlords that accept voucher payments and some guidelines to follow in looking for a place to live.

Average: 2.5 (8 votes)
Your rating: None
My name is Jessica i am 24 years old i live in oceanside california. I have a daughter that is 18 months old.We are currently being kicked out of my friends place trying to find help. I am a single mom don't have work trying to find work. If u have any help for please email me ant
I need help with finding some type of housing for myself. I moved here form St. Louis, and right now I am in college, but without a place of my own. I would also appreciate it if I could get some sort of assistance with employment. I am applying at places everyday, but no one has called me yet.

Where are you located?

i need help with my rent i have cancer and having Chemo after chemo i have Radiation i don't want to be homeless going though the treatment please help

Every hospital should have a social worker on staff and there to help. Try to contact her as soon as you can. Also every city/county has a Department of Health and Human Services or something like it. Any nurse should be able to tell you what it is. Good luck!


I would love to here more about this program and learn how to apply for the programs.


I would like to know how to get assistance with paying past due rent and utilities.


I have found that many churches help with these things. I have seen a man get 2 months of his rent paid by the church he went to (or one he found). I cannot tell you how this works, but it is one option. Catholic Charities is an organization in my area that gives money for these things.


thank u for such wonderful programs for people like myself.